The Shivalingam denotes the primeval energy of the Creator. It is believed that at the end of all creation, during the great deluge, all of the different aspects of God find a resting place in the Lingam; Brahma is absorbed into the right, Vishnu to the left and Gayatri into the heart.
A gemstone shivling is considered highly auspicious and is said to have one of the highest frequency vibration rate.
Shaligrams are Divinity incarnate; there is no other article as sacred as a Shaligram especially for a devotee of Lord Vishnu or Vaishnavite. As per Vedic scriptures different types of Shaligrams bless devotees with different type of benefits such as spiritual, mystic, astrological, health and many other benefits. Top benefits of Shaligram are mentioned below:
As per scriptures the Sacred Salagram offers six blessings namely spiritual elevation, good health, harmony, prosperity and riches, righteous living and all the worldly and spiritual comforts.
• Worshipping the Shaligrama Sila is said to wash away the sins of all the past lives
• According to many Puranas, the worship of
Saligram is said to bless the worshipper with
material comforts, longevity of life, good health
and success in all undertakings
• Keeping and worshipping the Shaligram at home blesses a devotee with peace of mind, helps in calming the mind and provides clarity of thoughts
⚫ By worshipping a Shaligram a devotee is blessed with confidence and fearlessness and is also protected against evil eye and negative energies of all sought
• As per Padma Purana, Skanda Purana and other Vedic Scriptures, a devotee who worships Shaligram is blessed with health, wealth, prosperity, good spouse and children
• As per Padma Purana, devotees who worship
the Salagrama will utmost devotion will break
the cycle of life and death and attain Vaikuntha
⚫ Shaligram helps in removal of all hurdles and
obstacles and helps in wish fulfilment.
• Worshipping the Salagrama is said to elevate one spiritually
• Drinking the water with which Holy Shaligram has been bathed is said to provide relief from all diseases and ailments. If the water is given to a dying individual, he/she is said to die peaceful and is liberated from the all sins of this and past lives
According to Vedic Astrology and as mentioned in Srimad Bhagavatam (2.6.42), Lord Vishnu is the Lord of all creations; he is the one who controls the Navgraha, time and space. He is the divine power that maintains the balance and equilibrium in the universe and between all the celestial bodies. Thus, if there is any planetary dosha in the natal charge of an individual, it is suggested to worship Lord Vishnu in form of Salagrama Sila. Offering prayers to the Saligrama offers relief from planetary doshas, removes obstacles in life, offers healing benefits and also paves way to lead a healthy, wealthy, successful and harmonious life.